Still playing blame games?

Anna Lehman, Oracle Editor
May 9, 2012

I pride myself on attending each and everyone of my classes. I not only attend them, but I also arrive on time. Funny enough, although I never have skipped, I am reprimanded for forgetting to get my Spartan Time pass stamped. I take full responsibility for my actions and I understand that it... (more...)

I’m proud to be an American

Anna Lehman, Oracle Editor
March 22, 2012

If you’re 18, you should exercise your right to vote I love being an American. Being born,bred and raised in Springfield as well  having  grown up in such  close proximity to the Nation’s Capital, you could say I find having an opinion about the government quite important.  I also can... (more...)

Where dreams come true

Anna Lehman, Oracle Editor
January 11, 2012

Sitting on Santa’s lab, posing with Cinderella, doing arts and crafts, face painting, writing letters to Santa and listening to WS’s chorus department. What a day. Breakfast with Santa went on without a hitch. For those who are unfamiliar with the chorus department’s yearly tradition... (more...)

Well, that’s awkward ;)

Anna Lehman, Oracle Editor
January 4, 2012

Awkward. Yeah I said it. Warning: This story will be harsh, but only because I love you all (well not all of you…) So yeah, awkward; it’s overused, unintelligent, and well, just awkward. Do you honestly think when you declare that everything is awkward, out loud nonetheless, that you sound... (more...)

One sweater to rule them all!

Anna Lehman, Oracle Editor
December 22, 2011

It’s that time of year where the world falls in love… okay I fall in love… with SWEATERS! From a girl who loves a nice sweater, winter is my favorite season. There are many highlights to this fabulous season; burning your tongue drinking scalding apple cider, finally having an excuse... (more...)

An entire page devoted to the unknown

Anna Lehman, Entertainment Editor
June 1, 2011

I wish I could start off my story with a personal experience with aliens, such as an alien abduction or having seen a UFO, but fortunately for me I haven’t got one.  When I ponder the question, do aliens exist I always come up blank. Do they exist? Or are they just another hoax that  people... (more...)

Knock, knock, who’s there? …Shakespeare!

Anna Lehman, Entertainment Editor
May 25, 2011

“Friends, Romans, countrymen lend me your ears.” William Shakespeare is arguably the greatest poet and playwright in English literature. He may not be popular to all, but teaching his writing in school exposes all of us to essential English literature. Without Shakespeare, English and American... (more...)

Music lassos listeners

Anna Lehman, Entertainment Editor
April 8, 2011

Country lovin’, happens so fast. Country music  is a genre that has remained popular throughout the many different changes in the music industry, being both a music taste and a cultural taste. It is commonly  recognized with the stereotypical cowboy/girl,  associated with cowboy hat, cowboy... (more...)

Golden arches, golden standard

Anna Lehman, APRIL FOOL'S!
April 6, 2011

I have spent many a blue moon  searching for the most impeccable, most tantalizing and ambrosial of restauraunts for my publication of  “Americas Best Dives,” and I have yet to find the prized jewel. But  readers, fear not, for while traveling through Springfield, Virginia I have discovered... (more...)

Oscars fall short on laughs

Anna Lehman, Orange Entertainment Editor
March 8, 2011

The Oscars may not be on Comedy Central, but it’s troubling to me how the highlight of the comedy was Melissa Leo, Best Supporting Actress winner, dropping the f-bomb. Every year I try to watch the Academy Awards, and I personally find the comedic part to be very important part during the... (more...)

Passing down knowledge, juniors join mentoring program to help frosh

February 11, 2011

WS is now offering a mentor program that teaches freshman skills and techniques that will help them maximize their best learning style. With the combined efforts from Guidance Counselor Alex Gorman and Career Center Specialist Hannah Hurlburt, the creation of this new program that will benefit... (more...)

My Chemical Romance’s new music ushers in era of change

January 5, 2011

Welcome to the land of vibrant colors and amazing tunes.  This is the place I’ve been revisiting ever since My Chemical Romance’s new album, “Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys,” came out.  I won’t lie when I say that I miss the My Chemical Romance that had the... (more...)

Stamping creates more difficulty in skipping

December 1, 2010

Hello, efficiency; goodbye, forgery. This year a new system has been put into place, and are instead of signatures teachers are to use stamps for passes. These stamps were given to each and every teacher, so far proving to be a fast and easy way to distribute passes. The first ones to start... (more...)

Young Money’s Minaj brings in cash

October 26, 2010

Nicki Minaj, electrifying the world with her talented voice and her vibrantly colored wigs. A little over a year ago New Yorker Onika Minaj, better known as her stage name Nicki Minaj, was not as well known as Katy Perry or Rihanna, but getting there. Having her first live performance at the... (more...)

Teens’ lack of money affecting studies: Students now face cost of calculators required for their math classes

October 22, 2010

Money’s on the brain, but is it in my pocket? “Money, money, money must be funny in a rich man’s world.” Abba was right, it really must be funny to have enough money that you can laugh at it, while the rest of us laugh at the fact that window shopping has become a new hobby... (more...)